You have found my CV page. I try to keep my CV updated and current, and provide a listing of some of my more interesting projects and things I have done in my portfolio.
TECHNICAL LEADER & EVANGELIST CV
Accomplished and driven leader with 20 years of experience overseeing all aspects of large-scale IT operations and engineering leadership. Positive and self-motivated evangelist with strong analytic and strategic problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to train, supervise, mentor and build high performing teams. Expertise in developing and implementing advanced architectural and integrations, building compelling demos, and engaging content. Adeptly translates technical information for non-technical audiences. Effectively collaborates, communicates, and manages relationships with all stakeholders.
Analytics technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Splunk, Cassandra, Openstack, MongoDB, Databases
Cloud-based application and platform design and architecture: On-Prem, Cloud, and Hybrid Cloud implementations including PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS using Cloud Foundry, VMware, BlueData, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, OpenShift, OpenStack, Microsoft, IBM, and AWS
Development experience: Java, Java Script, Go, Django, Node.js, Ruby, Groovy, C and C++, and Python
Micro-services, object-oriented development, and developer methodologies: Agile and Pair Programming,
API-based service architectures for applications, and IT services delivery models such as ITIL
IBM 2016 – 2018
NORTH AMERICAN TECHNICAL EVANGELISM LEADER (2016 – 2018)
- Building and training a team of evangelists for supporting meetups, face-to-face enablement, developer advocacy, and general evangelizing of the IBM Cloud and IBM Cognitive brands
- Delivery of high-quality enablement and evangelical content in a variety of venues and formats:
- Blogs, podcasts, webinars, and speaking engagements throughout North America
- Face-to-face sessions that required both development of the materials and the code
- High-level architecture and deal-support
- Development of a comprehensive North American strategy for evangelism activity including meetups, content creation and curation, and training for evangelists
- Developed many of my own presentations and demonstrations around IoT and cloud services
- Speaker at a variety of conferences including IoT DevCon, Strata, and World of Watson
- Day-to-day people management
- Developed new skills in C programming, advanced circuit and PCB design, cloud architecture,
- Containers, API Development, Microservices, and IoT
EMC 2011 – 2016
GLOBAL FIELD CTO AND EVANGELIST – BIG DATA SOLUTIONS TEAM (2015 – 2016)
- Founding father of the industry’s first comprehensive data analytics platform (including partner technology) in collaboration with a cross-functional team from within the EMC Federation.
- Delivered strong market buy-in for the EMC Federation Business Data Lake Solution and negotiated over $30M worth of revenue on behalf of the Big Data Solutions team within 6 months of solution availability.
- Collaborated with developer and engineering teams to design and build functional platform for digital transformation within EMC.
- Dynamic speaker and lecturer on analytics, Hadoop maturity, DevOps, Application development, digital transformation, and related topics at global events.
- Authored multiple white papers and extensive technical documentation of the EMC Federation Business Data Lake and virtualized Hadoop environments.
- Widely recognized thought leader of Big Data for the EMC Federation with global responsibility for internal and external evangelization of the EMC portfolio and solutions.
- Strong believer in and advocate for the DevOps movement and the digital transformation of IT industry.
DIVISIONAL ANALYTICS INTEGRATIONS SPECIALIST – WEST (2011 – 2015)
- Dynamic evangelist and account support specialist for accounts with an emphasis on analytics.
- Created and delivered training and go-to market strategies to internal stakeholders and partners that resulted in 25% increase in completed projects and generated 50% additional revenue in analytics projects.
- Developed and implemented large-scale Hadoop architectures for numerous customers utilizing distributions including Cloudera, Pivotal and Hortonworks.
- Interfaced with customers, developers, and operations teams to align and drive strategies for analytics.
- Published white papers detailing Hadoop platform strategies, emerging technologies, and enterprise infrastructure strategies for next-generation analytics.
- Developed integration strategies for legacy data-warehouse environments and new technologies such as Hadoop, Splunk, Cassandra, and MongoDB for various customers.
SANITY SOLUTIONS 2008 – 2011
DIRECTOR OF PRESALES ENGINEERING
Supervised and mentored a team of engineers in multiple states.
COMMVAULT SYSTEMS 2006 – 2008
Developed and implemented complex business solutions. Mentor and recognized leader.
IBM Certified Interviewer, IBM Global Sales School, IBM Cloud Services, IBM Design Thinking,
EMC ITS2, Isilon, Cloud ITaaS and PaaS Specialist and Expert, and Data Domain Certified
EMC Certified Data Scientist certification (#8 in the world)
EMC Data Lakes for Big Data certification
2008 – Engineer of the Year – CommVault Systems
2012 – Distinguished Engineer Finalist
2016 – IBM Distinguished Speaker Award
2017 – IBM Leadership Award